The presence of cheap stock photography can make or break a design. While you can always conduct your own photoshoot, it can be expensive and time-consuming. Plus, if you do not have a good camera or the skills to take amazing photos, it can instantly ruin your project. That is why cheap stock photos make a good purchase. To keep your project classy, here are some mistakes you need to avoid when using them.
- Using overused cheap stock images. There are millions of stock images in the Internet. Surely, you will find a lot of options to describe your concept. Before you choose an image to represent your brand or product, take a look a look around at your competitors. Make sure you are not using the same image. Find stock photos that represent you in a unique way.
- Using stock photos cheap that don’t relate to your content. The number of cheap stock photo sites that offer images is constantly increasing; thus, there is no reason for you to get images that do not have any connection to your content. If your cheap photos do not provide a strong connection to your product or service, you will end up with a bunch of photos that only decorates your page and not reinforce your message.
- Buying low-resolution version because it is cheaper. Many stock photo sites offers cheap stock images at the highest resolution. When buying a photo, consider the size of the area you are using it with. If you can’t afford it, look for new ones. Never attempt to resize to avoid getting sloppy, blurred images.
- Using outdated or unprofessional images. Unless you are literally going for the retro theme, outdated or unprofessional images will bring down the visual quality of your project. It is 21st century; thus, you should avoid images with old-fashioned styles.
- Using overexposed photos. If you are using images with people, be sure to choose ones that looks genuine and natural. Avoid photos with people looking directly into the camera as they usually have the rigid or posed effect. Instead, look for real smiles, realistic lighting and genuine eye contact. Look for something candid but with high quality.
Cheap stock photos, when used correctly, can do more than just decorating your webpage. They can reinforce your message in ways that convince your readers to believe a point, apply your advice, purchase a product or simply read the rest of the content. That is why you have to take extra care when you use stock photo cheap. Take your time to find the right stock photo agency and the perfect stock photo, and use professional photo-editing techniques.